Friday 8 June 2012

Random


Who is Janis? Those who know me well can only expect one thing from me: randomness. 

At one point I want to write, the next I want to read. In some pictures I’m a nerd, in most I’m a rocker and in others a vamp. I frequent rock gigs and sometimes I go there wearing something very girly, sometimes very hip and punk, often very laid back everyday wear like t-shirt and shorts and a pair of flip flops. I go to the office in an unpredictable wardrobe, too. I like to dress-up and dress down. And very seldom do I appreciate safe and simple.



When it comes to my interests, I have a short attention span about things. Here are some of the random interests that I’m into:






Books. I am in love with books all my life. Nowadays my passion for them was awakened by these two marvellous finds: a new friend lend me these fascinating Anne Rice books. I have finished ‘The Mummy’ and I’m now on the third chapter of ‘Blood and Gold’.



A few weeks ago, I tried some nail art. I bought a few special polishes and searched the internet for cool themes. I still have a lot of ideas in mind like doing the Jubilee themed manicure and the storm trooper inspired cuties. Here are some of the nail designs that I’ve done.



Another seasonal hobby that I have is crochet. I started the multi-colored top last year when I am not yet a teacher here. I used to bring my crochet stuff to Siouxsie’s school and do my craft while waiting for her. When I got this job, well I don’t have much time to finish it, I only resumed working on it last summer just after finishing my violet and green bikini top.
 


I have seen this skirt in my drawer, they are from worn out short pants, I have placed paisley printed cloth as details. A few years ago I'm also into sewing. I've taken basic courses but that was a very long time ago, I forgot almost all of the basics of cutting that is why I'm down into modifying my old clothes instead. I have had made several pieces but I can't seem to find them in my closet now. I remember when I was pregnant, I have to make my own pregnancy pants out of regular slacks because I can't find affordable but good ones. There was also a time when bubble skirts became very popular (and overrated), I cannot afford to buy one so I decided to convert my regular balloon skirts to those cute wonders. Sad that I didn't keep pictures of those little creations.


Well then, these are just some of my hobbies. On make-up I can say that I’m pretty experimental and unpredictable, too. I can range from nude to bright, Goth to shimmery and everything in between. 






No comments:

Post a Comment