Friday 25 May 2012

MIGRAINE, a thorn between me and my love for reading


Thanks to a friend I am able to get my hands on an Anne Rice book again.

I haven’t read any of her works for ages. I can’t remember the last time I read one of her works was but it is the book The Witching Hour.


I can’t remember all the important details ‘cause I’ve read this novel more than a decade ago. But I can bet it is a good read. One that kept me awake ‘til the wee hours of the morning just to finish every gripping chapter.

So, I started reading ‘The Mummy’, well pretty interesting ‘coz I’ve read a few Anne Rice books about Vampires and witches. This is the first time ever that I’ll read about an Egyptian mummy. What’s more interesting is that it isn’t just a mummy, it is an UNDEAD mummy!

After reading a couple of pages, my head started to feel heavy... Oh no, it doesn’t have anything to do with occultism or the mysteries of Anne Rice’s writings.

It is nothing more than my migraine.


It’s very sad to think that a few years back I can finish 
a chapter or two in one night. Now I’m on the third page and I have to stop reading because of my head ache.

I’ve been suffering from these headaches for years now. I remember how I would like to smash my head into the wall when I was in 5th grade. There are so many instances that my headache is so bad I puke. I was reprimanded several times in my previous job for absences due to this illness, which other people don’t take seriously but I guess for those who suffer, like me, it is indeed an ordeal.

For years I have been dependent on paracetamol and mefenamic acid. I have yet to research on their side effects on me, but better not to. 


 Why the hell would I care for the side effects, I need these medicines to keep me functioning... for my job, for family, for good time’s sake.

And as always, I cannot fear the unknown. The lesser I know, the less worries I’ll have. I don’t actually have enough time to care.

Anyways, I have learned that coffee is a good activator of pain relievers. They enhance and hasten the effects of them by helping spread the chemicals through our system.

So, here are my usual must-haves in the office:


Paracetamol and coffee.

And into my kikay pouch amidst the many lipsticks and brushes sits my beloved Tylenol. That is if it is so terrible that the usual paracetamol 500 can’t handle it anymore.


2 comments:

  1. and don't forget that you always share it with me because of my terrible headache that visits me 3x a week. thanks for your generosity ate ja! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i had migraines daily for 10 years, i saw some of the best doctors in wa.mine got worse from side effects from x meds if you havnt tried feverfew ,get it,its a cheap herb sold many places, i took 2 a day,after 3 weeks,they stopped ,and not returned in 12 years,i owe my life to this stuff ! and i had severe blackout,cant talk migraines. saved my effin life literaly !

    ReplyDelete